Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
Subject: Appointment of meritorious Sportspersons in relaxation of the procedure-regarding.
The undersigned is directed to invite reference to this Department’s OM No. 14015/176-Estt.(D) dated 4th August, 1980 vide which instructions regarding appointment of meritorious sportsmen to Group C and D posts in relaxation of the procedure were circulated. Subsequently, consolidated instructions on incentives for sportspersons were also circulated vide this Department’s OM No. 14034/01/2013-Estt.(D) dated 03.10.2013.
2. All Ministries/Departments are again requested to bring the aforesaid instructions mentioned in the preceding paragraph to the notice of all concerned for appointment of meritorious sportspersons to Central Government Civil posts. Strict compliance of these instructions may be ensured for making appointment of meritorious sportspersons, thereby achieving the desired objectives of encouraging and promoting sports in the country.
Under Secretary to the Government of India
1. The President’s Secretariat, New Delhi.
2. The Vice-Presidents, Secretariat, New Delhi.
3. The Prime Minister’s Office, New Delhi.
4. The Cabinet Secretariat, New Delhi.
5. The Najya Sabha Secretariat/Lok Sabha Secretariat, New Delhi.
6. The Comptroller and Auditor General of India, New Delhi.
7. The Secretary Union Public Service Commission, New Delhi.
8. The secretary, Staff Selection Commission, New Delhi.
9 All attached offices under the Ministry of Personnel, Public, Grievances and Pensions.
10.All Officers and Sections in the Department of Personnel and Training.11.NIC (DOP&T) for placing this Office Memorandum on the Website of DOP&T.