As the 7th pay Commission itself declared that the work of compilation and finalization of the report is underway, it is the time for expecting the date on which the report will be submitted after it is finalized. The stipulated time for submitting the report is 18 months from the date of notification issued. In a resolution dated 28th February, 2014, Government of India has appointed the Seventh Central Pay Commission comprising Justice Shri Ashok Kumar Mathur as Chairman, Shri Vivek Rae as full time Member, Dr. Ratin Roy as part time Member and Smt. Meena Agarwal as Secretary
1. There will be no running Pay band and Grade Pay System
2. The uniform multiplication factor for arriving revised pay will be 2.86
3. The Pay scales will be open ended to avoid stagnation in the scales
4. The Minimum Pay will be Rs. 21000
5. The CCA will be separated into two components as it was in the fifth CPC
6. Percentage of HRA will remain same.
7. The Criteria for retirement age will be either completion of 33 Years of service or at the age of 60 Years whichever is earlier.
8. CGEGIS Insurance Coverage and Monthly premium will be increased
9. Classification of Posts will be Modified
10. The 7th Pay Commission recommendation will be implemented with effects from 1.1.2016.