Minutes of the meeting of the Sub - Committee-III to suggest measures for streamlining implementation of the National Pension System (NPS) held on 10.02.2017
Airfindia has published the Minutes of the meeting of the Sub - Committee-III
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, P.G. and Pensions
Department of Pension & Pensioners' Welfare
New Delhi, dated the 16th February, 2017
The minutes of the meeting of the Sub- Committee-III to suggest measures for streamlining implementation of the National Pension System (NPS) held under the Chairmanship of Additional Secretary (Pension) with Staff side of JCM on 10.02.2017 at Lok Nayak Bhawan, New Delhi is hereby forwarded for information and further necessary action.
Under Secretary to the Government of India
Minutes of the meeting of the Sub-Committee-III to suggest measures for streamlining implementation of the National Pension System with employees
1. Shri Harjit Singh, Director, Deptt. Of Pension & Pensioners Welfare.
2. Shri Sanjiv Kumar, Deputy Secretary, Department of Personnel & Training,
3. Shri Vivek Ashish, Under Secretary, Department of Expenditure,JCM (Staff Side)
4. Shri Shiva Gopal Mishra, Secretary, Staff Side (JCM),
5. Shri M.S. Raja, Member, National Council (JCM), All India Audit & Accounts Association
6. Shri C. Srikumar, General Secretary/HIDEF, Member National Council, JCM
7. Shri Guinan Singh, President, NFIR
8. Shri M. Raghavaiah, Leader(JCM Staff Side) & General Secretary, NFIR
9. Shri K.K. N. Kutty, President, Confederation of CG employees & Workers.
2. Additional Secretary (Pension) welcomed all the participants and briefed the Staff Side of JCM about the various issues allocated to the Sub-Committee-III. She invited suggestions from the participants on these issues.
3. The Staff Side handed over a communication dated 10.2.2017 containing their views on the various issues allocated to the Sub Committees. The Staff Side agreed that there is an urgent need to frame rules on the service matters of the NPS employees. Additional Secretary (Pension) assured the staff side that their views would be duly considered while framing rules in this regard.
4. Staff Side of the JCM emphasized that the Government employees should be excluded from the purview of NPS. In case, it was not possible to exempt the Government employees from the NPS, a minimum pension @ 50% of the last pay drawn or average emoluments of the last 10 months, whichever is more beneficial to the employees (along with dearness relief) may be ensured to all NPS employees on their retirement.
5. The Staff side was informed that in the event of invalidation / disability or death of the NPS employee, Pension / Family Pension as per the rates applicable under CCS (Pension) Rules is available to the NPS employees / their families. As regards the minimum guaranteed pension on retirement of the NPS employees, the views of the Staff Side of JCM would be conveyed to the Committee set up for streamlining implementation of the National Pension System.
6. The meeting ended with a vote of thanks to the chair.