Performance of Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSEs) during 2015-16
The Public Enterprises Survey (2015-16), brought out by the Department of Public Enterprises, Ministry of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises, Government of India on the performance of Central Public Sector Enterprises was placed in both the Houses of Parliament on 21st. March, 2017. There were 320 CPSEs in 2015-16, out of which 244 were in operation. Rest (76) of the CPSEs were under construction. The major Highlights of the performance of Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSE), during 2015-16 are mentioned below:
Performance of Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSEs) during 2015-16.
|Overall net profit of 244 CPSEs is Rs.1,15,767 crore in 2015-16||Overall net profit of 236 CPSEs is Rs.1,02,866 crore in 2014-15|
|165 CPSEs posted net profit of Rs.1;44,523 crore in 2015-16||159 CPSEs posted net profit of Rs.1,30,364 crore in 2014-15|
|78 CPSEs incurred net loss of Rs.28,756 crore in 2015 -16||76 CPSEs incurred net loss of Rs.27,498 crore in 2014-15|
|Total investment in 320 CPSEs stood at Rs. 11,77,844 crore in 2015-16||Total investment in 298 CPSEs stood at Rs. 10,95,554 crore in 2014-15|
|Dividend paid by CPSEs during 2015-16 is Rs. 70,954 crore||Dividend paid by CPSEs during 2014 -15 is Rs. 56,527 crore|
- Total paid up capital in 320 CPSEs as on 31.3.2016 stood at Rs. 2,28,334 crore as compared to Rs. 2,13,020 crore as on 31.3. 2015 (298 CPSEs), showing a growth of 7.19%.
- Total investment (equity plus long term loans) in all CPSEs stood at Rs.11,71,844 crore as on 31.3.2016 compared to Rs.10,95,554 crore as on 31.3.2015, recording a growth of 6.96%.
- Capital Employed (Paid up capital plus reserve & surplus and long term loans) in all CPSEs stood at Rs. 19,68,311 crore on 31.3.2016 compared to Rs. 18, 66,944 crore as on 31.3.2015 showing a growth of 5.43 %.
- Total turnover/gross revenue from operation of all CPSEs during 2015-16 stood at Rs 18,54,667 crore compared to Rs. 19, 95,176 crore in the previous year showing a reduction in turnover of 7.04 %.
- Total income of all CPSEs during 2015-16 stood at Rs. 17,64,754 crore compared to Rs. 19, 65,657 crore in 2014-15, showing a reduction in income of 10.22%.
- Profit of profit making CPSEs stood at Rs. 1,44,523 crore during 2015-16 compared to Rs 1,30,364 crore in 2014-15 showing a growth in profit by 10.86%.
- Loss of loss incurring CPSEs stood at Rs.28, 756 crore in 2015-16 compared to Rs 27, 498 crore in 2014-15showing an increase in loss by 4.57 %.
- Overall net profit of all 244 CPSEs during 2015-16 stood at Rs 1,15,767 crore compared to Rs 1,02,866 crore during 2014-15 showing a growth in overall profit of 12.54%.
- Reserves & Surplus of all CPSEs went up from Rs. 7,71,389 crore in 2014-15 to Rs 7,96,467 cores in 2015-16, showing an increase by 3.25 %.
- Net worth of all CPSEs went up from Rs 9,84,409 crore in 2014-15 to Rs. 10,20,737 crore in 2015-16 registering a growth of 3.69 %.
- Contribution of CPSEs to Central Exchequer by way of excise duty, customs duty, corporate tax, interest on Central Government loans, dividend and other duties and taxes increased from Rs 2,00,593 crore in 2014-15 to Rs 2,78,075 crore in 2015-16, showing a growth of 38.63%.
- Foreign exchange earnings through exports of goods and services decreased from Rs 1,03,071 crore in 2014-15 to Rs 77,216 crore in 2015-16, showing a reduction of 25.08%.
- Foreign exchange outgo on imports and royalty, know-how, consultancy, interest and other expenditure decreased from Rs.5,44,561 crore in 2014-15 to Rs.3,88,045 crore in 2015-16 showing a reduction of 28.74%.
- CPSEs employed 12.34 lakh people (excluding contractual workers) in 2015-16 compared to 12.91 lakh in 2014-15, showing a reduction in employees by 4.42%.
- Salary and wages went up in all CPSEs from Rs.1,26,777 crore in 2014-15 to Rs 1,28,263 crore in 2015-16 showing a growth of 1.17 %.
- Total Market Capitalization Market Capitalization (M-Cap) of 46 CPSEs traded on stock exchanges of India is Rs. 11,06,766 crore as on 31.03.2016 as compared to Rs. 13,27,393 crore as on 31.03.2015 showing a reduction of 16.62% .
- M-Cap of CPSEs as per cent of BSE M-Cap decreased from 13.08% as on 31.3.2015 to 11.68% as on 31.3.2016.